Welcome to a whole new generation of staffing. We’re a privately-owned staffing service, which provides temporary, temp-to-hire and payroll only placements for administrative, mining, farming, construction and technology support in the Idaho, Oregon and Nevada areas.
We work on the principle that “best employee relationships make for best client relationships”. Our clients benfit by working with qualiﬁed associates who are invested in their company and focused on the job.
What We Do
The backbone of our business is providing quality temporary employees to clients who have temporary employment needs. These “Regular Temporary” positions can come available due to vacations, illness, seasonal or cyclical business changes, or a variety of other reasons that require a position to be filled on a temporary basis.The temporary employment relationship is extremely flexible; Jobs can last for as little as four hours or as long as necessary, which is entirely up to the client. While our employee is assigned to our clients, American Staffing is the employer and will cover all payroll costs, taxes, and workers’ compensation expenses. Additionally, all of our employees are bonded and insured.
American Stafﬁng strives to provide the highest quality temporary employees to our clients. We believe that we have a responsibility to be an active part of our client’s business, and we take this responsibility very seriously. In order to consistently provide the right people for the right jobs, American Stafﬁng thoroughly screens each of our applicants for good references and we get to know them personally by conducting individual applicant interviews. In addition, we assess all our applicants for job related skills, using the latest automated testing software as well as our own time tested applicant evaluations. The result of these efforts is that our clients receive temporary workers who they can depend on to do what needs to be done.
Temp to Hire
American Staffing’s “Temp to Hire’’ option allows our clients and our employees time to get to know each other, before any regular job offer is made. If a client needs to fill a regular position, we will send a qualified employee to work in the position for a period of eight weeks. During that time, both the client and the employee have time to evaluate the situation and determine the relationship. In addition to allowing both our client and our employee time to get to know each other, “Temp to Hire’’ allows our clients time to evaluate the position being filled.
Perhaps there is a question to whether the position is necessary, or maybe the client is experiencing an increase in business and the position is dependent on if the increase lasts. “Temp to Hire” allows our clients time to evaluate their business without risking the cost of hiring employees they may not need. Although American Staffing requires a minimum of eight weeks before our employee can move onto a client’s payroll, there is no limit on how long a client can choose to extend the evaluation period and there is never a fee for rolling our employee onto a client’s payroll, after the first eight weeks.
American Staffing’s “Payroll Only’’ option is a great value for clients who have someone in mind for a position, but want time to evaluate the hiring decision. Because American Staffing has not worked to locate the employee, our bill rate to the client is lower. Although “Payroll Only” is similar to “Temp to Hire”, the applicant remains our employee while they are on our payroll and the client can evaluate the decision for as long as it takes; there is no eight-week minimum.
American Stafﬁng realizes the dynamic nature of the modern business environment. In order to keep up with the changing needs of our clients, American Stafﬁng uses the latest testing software available, along with a full battery of our own evaluations and tests. We never send an employee on an assignment without verifying that the applicant has the skills required to do the job.
Interview and References
American Stafﬁng ﬁrmly believes in positive relations between ourselves, our clients and our employees. To develop this relationship, the staff at American Stafﬁng takes time to get to know our applicants. Through thorough reference checking, we learn about our employees’ work history and habits. We do not work anyone without a reference.
American Stafﬁng sets high standards for our ourselves and temporary employees. There are occasions however, when even the best intentions fail to produce quality results. If there is ever a problem with our staff or an employee you receive from us, American Stafﬁng is dedicated to resolve any problem in a prompt and professional matter. We are here to make your business run smoother, not to make it more difficult. Do not live with the problem, let us know and we will ﬁx it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What staffing services do you offer?
- We offer a range of services including temp, seasonal, temp-to-hire, & payroll services.
What areas do you serve?
- We serve 7 locations throughout Idaho and Nevada including Burley, Fruitland, Pocatello, Nampa/Caldwell/Meridian, Twin Falls, Idaho Falls, and Elko, NV and each office offers positions local to their location.
- Our Corporate Office is located in Meridian Idaho, and has been since 1980!
What industries do you specialize in?
- We specialize in a wide variety of industries, including industrial, office/clerical, agricultural, construction, hospitality, healthcare, harvest, mining, general labor, warehouse and more.
How do you match candidates to my needs?
- Along with screening through our pool of selective candidates for a specific job, finding eligible candidates requires a combination of having a detailed Job order-knowing exactly what is to be expected and conducting thorough interviews with our candidates to have appropriate background information and knowledge of previous work experience/training and/or interests.
What are your fees?
- A large portion of our cost comes from workers compensation insurance. Due to this we must complete a job order that includes a detailed job description so that we can properly classify the position and assign the billed rate. The bill rate is added to the desired hourly pay rate. There are no fees until an employee is placed and starts working or when the employee is rolled over.
How long does it take to fill a request?
- We try to exhaust all resources to get jobs filled as soon as possible, but there are different factors that go into filling a request. For an already existing Client, Job Orders can take as little as a day to a couple weeks+ to fill. For a new Client it usually requires more time to process credit and reference checks and to be able to start the screening and recruitment process for a position. Exceptions can be made to expedite the process for new Clients needing employees ASAP.
How does roll over work for both the employee and client?
- For Employees– when rolled over you are no longer are on ASI Payroll or an employee with American Staffing, you become a regular employee with the Client and will be eligible for their benefits and pay frequency according to their payroll procedures. Employees are required to meet a minimum timeframe before our client is allowed to initiate roll over. Our clients are not required to roll over any employee and it is determined by them at their discretion.
- For Clients– you become the legal employer of the employee and will take over payroll, workers compensation, benefits etc. on the date specified and agreed upon by American Staffing and client. Employees are eligible to roll over after completing 8 weeks and 320 hours worked.
Why should I work with a staffing agency?
- We allow you to focus on running your business! It is a great resource if you want to test the employee out before officially making a job offer, do not have the time to recruit and hire new employees, do not want to cover all the expenses involved in hiring a new person, or if you just have a job for a couple days. Our 4-hour guarantee ensures that you have a good fit before you are billed.
What if I’m not happy with my temporary placement?
- We want every placement to be a good fit for both the employee and the client. When sending out a new candidate (first day) for a job we conduct employee check-ins to ensure they are meeting your standards. We also have a 4-hour guarantee that if in the event you are not satisfied, we will find a better fit and replace the employee at no charge.
Is there a contract/how do I sign up?
- We do not have a contract that locks you in for a time frame or for exclusive use.
- We do have a client agreement and business credit application that we will go over and get signed. When all of the paperwork has been signed, we will immediately start screening.
- Signing up is easy – you can sign up through our website and we will contact you, or you can contact us to get started and we will be happy to guide you through the process. Please visit the offices page to get contact information for the location nearest to you or to fill out the online job order request form.