To perform standard cleaning procedures on food processing equipment and utensils, and maintain the interior and exterior of the building according to standards for food manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform standard cleaning procedures as documented and trained for equipment and facilities. This includes: disassembly/assembly, application of cleaning and sanitizing chemicals, scrubbing, and rinsing.
- Use personal protective equipment as required for each cleaning task performed.
- Combine and mix required cleaning agents as documented for each cleaning assignment.
- Use caution and follow correct handling procedures.
- Understands safe operation of equipment including safety devices and guards.
- Follows correct lockout/tag out and safety procedures as directed for each piece of equipment
- Understands correct labeling of chemicals and containers
- Be able to follow Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs) and complete required paperwork for both the daily and Master Sanitation programs
- Collect and remove all remaining trash from production and packaging lines, kitchen, and warehouse areas. Dispose of trash in outside trash dumpsters.
- Collect recycle materials and dispose of in recycle bins.
- Notify the Sanitation Team Leader or on-duty mechanic of any malfunctioning equipment immediately.
- Inspect each cleaning job upon completion to ensure job has been performed correctly. Correct any substandard conditions.
- Comply with the rules and regulations set forth in the employee
- handbook, safety manual and the GMP booklet. * Be certified to operate a forklift and scissors lift
- Understands and monitors water usage.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
It is the responsibility of all employees to uphold the mission of the Company’s Food Safety and Quality Policy. This includes following all Food Safety and Sustainability programs and participating in all required training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Must be able to read and identify chemical labels and fill out forms where they apply.
- None required
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two – step instructions.
While performing the duties stated above, the employee is frequently required to walk on wet floors, go up and down ladders and stairs, use the HP hoses, handle cleaning chemicals, and work in wet and warm environments. The employee must have the ability to lift objects up to 75 pounds. Must have the ability to push and pull heavy equipment such as foamers, Rubbermaid carts, depositors, pumps, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential demands of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and work that must be performed in high places. The employee will be working around strong cleaning chemicals and must be able to wear the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in conditions that may be very hot, very cold, and/or very humid. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, i.e. tray washer, fan noise, steam noise. The work environment is subject to many of the above-described conditions on a day-to-day basis. It is essential to be able to perform all job functions while in the presence of these conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour