How do I apply for a job with your service?
- You can start by applying in-person at an office closest to you M-F, 8am-4pm. Or 24/7 using our Online Portal (Our website is mobile friendly). Once the application is completed, you will need to bring in proper form(s) of ID to complete I-9 & W-4 docs, and interview.
- If you have been registered in the past, please contact your local office to access your account.
What kinds of jobs do you have?
- We have a wide variety of jobs across different industries, so there’s something for everyone! We service a variety of industries, including industrial, office/clerical, agricultural, construction, hospitality, healthcare, harvest, mining, general labor, warehouse and more. These jobs can range from temporary to temp to hire (long/term) placements.
I have a criminal background; can I still work with you?
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
- We will not turn you away due to your background, most of our clients work with criminal records dependent on their policies and open position.
Do you offer direct deposit? When is payday?
- While we understand that direct deposit is a popular option these days, we’ve chosen to pay our employees with physical paychecks every Friday after the week worked. Our company values personal connections, so we like our employees to come in weekly to chat and check in on how things are going.
- We also offer employees to have someone else pick up their checks for them. To do this the person picking up your check must have a signed note giving them permission to pick up your check (this must be a new note every week). We also can mail your check.
What is the pay range for the jobs you offer?
- Dependent on the job, entry level positions can range anywhere from $12-$15/hr.
- Skilled positions can range from $16-$28/hr.
- There are even jobs that come in that are above $35/hr. and above!
Do we take a percentage out of their hourly wage or charge a fee? Or Do I have to pay for your service?
- We are a free service!! We will not deduct any of your pay for working with us. Any fees imposed will be notified ahead of time and are typically charged in the event that a Drug Screen or National Background Check is required, Fees could be paid for up front or deducted from Check if the Client does not opt to pay it for you.
- You do not have to pay for our service, our clients pay the fees!
Do you provide health insurance or other benefits?
- Yes, employees become eligible for our minimum essential health insurance plan on the first day of the month following 60 days of employment with us.
How long do temporary jobs last?
- Varies by positions but can range from 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months, to 2 years. It just varies depending on client needs. For temp-hire positions you would need to meet 8 weeks and 320 hours.
- For short term assignments we have a 4-hour minimum. That means any job that is completed in less than 4 hours you get paid for the full 4.
Can I get a permanent job through American Staffing?
- Yes, we specialize in placing candidates in temp-to hire placements, which means many of our clients are looking for long-term employees.
- To roll over on to our client’s payroll you first must meet our requirements. Meaning you must work on our payroll for 320 hrs. or 8 weeks.
How and when do employees get paid?
- We know that getting paid on time is important, so employees are paid on a weekly basis through a paper check, every Friday after the week they worked.
- Every week Timecards need to be signed off and submitted by Monday at 10am to be processed for payroll so you can have your paycheck by that Friday.